COT Meeting: 12th December 2023
Last updated: 08 December 2023
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Draft minutes and reserved minutes of the 17th October meeting TOX/MIN/2023/06.
3. Matters arising.
4. Discussion paper: Risk of emerging marine biotoxins in British shellfish – Pectenotoxin group TOX/2023/58.
5. Scoping paper: Advice on the risk to human health from consumption of bivalve molluscs (shellfish) harvested from UK waters associated with marine biotoxins TOX/2023/59.
6. Second Draft Statement on the Safety of Ginger Supplement Use in Pregnancy Ginger (Maternal diet) TOX/2023/60.
7. Bisphenol A.
a) Discussion paper/Paper for information: Bisphenol A: The Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), BPA Part 2 TOX/2023/61.
b) Discussion paper: Bisphenol A (BPA): Additional information TOX/2023/62.
8. Draft EFSA Opinion on polychlorinated naphthalenes TOX/2023/63.
9. Plant-based drinks Working Group- first draft report (Reserved) TOX/2023/64.
10. Draft advice of the AEJEG on steviol glycosides (E 960) produced by fermentation (Rebaudioside M) using Saccharomyces cerevisiae (RP1112) (Reserved) TOX/2023/65.
11. Committee Advice on the safety of the Application to Request the approval of 2-Hydroxy-4-methoxybenzaldehyde for use as a new flavouring substance in or on foods (RP1466) (Reserved) TOX/2023/66.
12. Update on the work of other FSA Scientific Advisory Committees - for information TOX/2023/67.
13. Any other business
- JEG updates.
- Regulation of food supplements and letter from the Council for Responsible Nutrition TOX/2023/57.
Media discussed during the meeting
(Annex A is not publicly available)
Draft minutes of the meeting: