The Working Group has been asked:
'To advise on the health implications of dietary phytoestrogens through review of published scientific research and the Food Standards Agency's Phytoestrogen Research Programme.'
In order to fulfil this request, the Working Group will address the following key points:
- On the basis of current evidence, does ingestion of soya-based infant formula pose any risk for human infants;
- Are there health implications to other sub-groups of the population from the ingestion of dietary phytoestrogens;
- To consider the evidence for beneficial effects of dietary phytoestrogens;
- To make recommendations for further research.
- The Working Group would like to receive written submissions of relevant evidence. These should be sent by 14 August 2000 to:
- Mrs Abimbola Nathan,
Food Standards Agency,
Chemical Safety and Toxicology Division,
Room 511C Aviation House,
125 Kingsway, Holborn,
London WC2B 6NH
- Telephone +44 020 7276 8533
Fax: +44 020 7276 8513