1. Apologies for absence
2. Draft minutes of the meeting held on 13th September 2011 - TOX/MIN/2011/03
3. Matters arising
4. Draft statement on FSA–funded research and other progress on mixtures of pesticides and similar substances - TOX/2011/28
The Committee will consider the first draft of a COT Statement on research funded by the FSA and other actions to address recommendations the COT made in its 2002 report on Risk Assessment of Mixtures of Pesticides and Similar Substances
5. RESTRICTION REPORT: PROPOSAL FOR A RESTRICTION
Bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and Diisobutyl phthalate (DiBP) - TOX/2011/29
HSE have asked the Committee for advice on the scientific basis used to propose restrictions on placing on the market of articles intended for use indoors in unsealed applications and articles that may come into direct contact with skin or mucous membranes containing one or more of the 4 phthalates in a concentration greater than 0.1% by weight of any plasticized material.
6. EFSA opinion on statistical significance - TOX/2011/30
COT members will discuss the Scientific Committee of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) scientific opinion on statistical significance and biological relevance.
7. Paper for Information:
FSA Scientific Advisory Committees (SACs) update - TOX/2011/31
This information paper provides an update on agenda items being discussed by other FSA scientific advisory committees. Some agenda items will be reserved business and so will not be published on the website.
8. Any other business
9. Date of next meeting – 13th December 2011 Conference Rooms 4 & 5, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London WC2 6NH