1. Apologies for absence
2. Draft minutes of the meeting held on 28th June 2011 - TOX/MIN/2011/03
3. Matters arising
4. Use of toxicogenomics data in risk assessment - TOX/2011/22
This paper introduces a paper by the United States Environmental Protection Agency that outlines an approach for the use of toxicogenomic data in risk assessment. Members will be asked their thoughts on the approach taken. The Committee considered practical aspects of use of toxicogenomics in toxicology in June 2010.
5. Draft statement on a systematic review of the epidemiological literature on para-occupational exposure to pesticides and health outcomes other than cancer - TOX/2011/23
A further revision of the draft statement will be considered following the discussion by COT in September 2010 and subsequent discussions by the Committee on Carcinogenicity(COC).
6. Draft statement on the FSA-funded T05 research programme on phytoestrogens - TOX/2011/24
Discussion of a first draft statement on the phytoestrogens research programme.
7. WRAP risk assessment on anaerobic digestates - TOX/2011/25
Discussion on the chemical risks described in draft WRAP report on anaerobic digestates. Annex 1 will be discussed as “reserved business”.
8. Papers for Information:
FSA Scientific Advisory Committees (SACs) update - TOX/2011/26
This information paper provides an update on agenda items being discussed by other FSA scientific advisory committees. Some agenda items will be reserved business and so will not be published on the website.
9. Update on regulatory and biomonitoring activities with regard to phthalate esters - TOX/2011/27
The COT considered the report by the Danish Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at the February and June 2010 meetings. It was agreed that further information would be required. The COT will be asked for an opinion on the scientific basis underpinning the EU restriction dossier on phthalate esters currently being prepared by the Danish Compete Authority. This paper is for information only and will be discussed by the Committee at a later meeting.
10. Any other business
11. Date of next meeting – 1st November 2011 Conference Rooms 4 & 5, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London WC2 6NH